Dear Yomi Seniors Families,
It’s hard to believe that the summer is coming to a close! Since time is flying, we want to prepare you for our 5-day trip to Camp Nah Jee Wah in Milford, PA. The trip begins Monday, August 14th and ends on Friday, August 18th. We will leave and return to regular bus sites at the usual times. On Monday, we will spend the morning and have lunch at our campgrounds in Rockland County and then we will head to Nah-Jee-Wah in the afternoon. It is sure to be the most exciting part of our summer!
We have planned many exciting, fun, and even some new activities for that week. We’ll compete in Color War, experience a terrific ropes course, and participate in numerous other thrilling events, and wrap up our week and summer with an End of Camp dance and ice cream party on Thursday night.
Campers and counselors will sleep in cabins which are equipped with bathroom and shower facilities. Counselors will sleep in the cabins with their groups. Kosher meals are served in a dining hall, and vegetarian options are always available.
If your child takes medication, it is IMPERATIVE that you hand it to your bus counselor on the morning of August 14th. All medication should be in their original containers with the directions in clearly labeled zip-lock bags. Please include any additional instructions regarding the medication inside the bag. If the medication is not given directly to the bus counselor, we will not be responsible for giving it to your child.
Please note, campers are not allowed to use cell phones at the Nah-Jee-Wah campgrounds. Cell phones will be collected by our staff on Monday and returned to the campers on Friday.
We also require that your camper complete a HIPAA form (if you have not already done so), which can be found on the parent portal in order to give the New Jersey Y Camps infirmary permission to treat your child while at Camp Nah Jee Wah. This form can be returned via fax (212-415-5668), email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), or can be given to your child’s bus counselor NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, AUGUST 11th.
Lastly, in this email you will also find a packing list and directions for emailing your child while at Nah-Jee-Wah. If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-415-5602 ext 1.
Meghan Cohen Emily Bencosme
Director Unit Supervisor
Packing List for Monday, August 14 through Friday, August 18
- 2-4 Towels (for swim and for shower)
- Sleeping Bag
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Soap/Body wash
- Shampoo/ Conditioner
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Sweatpants and Sweatshirt
- 6 Pairs of Underwear
- 6 Pairs of Socks
- 5 – 7 t-shirts (Note: we will email you your camper’s Color War team later this week. Depending on the team, campers will need either red or blue t-shirts)
- 1 Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- 1 Pair of Warm Pants
- 3-5 Pairs of Shorts
- 1-2 Bathing Suits (campers will not be swimming daily)
- Flip flops or water shoes for the pool/lake
- Pajamas/ Sleepwear
- A nice outfit for the party on Thursday evening
- CLEARLY LABELED water bottle
- Bug Spray
- A book/journal for night time
How do I stay in touch with my camper at Nah Jee Wah?
To correspond with your camper by MAIL:
Place Stamp Here
Your Camper’s Name
CLUB ENJOY- NAH JEE WAH
Attention: 92nd Street Y
570 Sawkill Road
Milford, PA 18337–7050
- Mail to camp is very slow (ie: please send any mail NOW to arrive by next week).
- Please keep packages at a minimum.
- There is a NO FOOD POLICY so please do not send any.
- There is a NO PHONE POLICY so please do not send any.
To correspond with your camper by E-MAIL: (this will only be available on the website after we have arrived Monday afternoon)
- Go to the following web address & follow the instructions for sending an email to your child: http://pictures.njycamps.org/email (Click on “Club Enjoy”)
- E-Mail will be printed and distributed with SNAIL MAIL.
- Campers can only receive
- Campers will NOT have the opportunity to use computers to send e-mail or call home.
To view DIGITAL PHOTOS of campers while at Nah Jee Wah:
- While the campers are away at Nah Jee Wah and after they return home, view digital photos at http://pictures.njycamps.org (Click on “Club Enjoy”)
To get in touch with Camp Yomi Seniors Director, Meghan or Unit Supervisor, Emily Bencosme; call the regular camp office number (212-415-5573) or leave a message on the Yomi Seniors voicemail line (212-415-5602 ext 1). You can also email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.